I'm in Kerrville right now having a wonderful time! We got some snow early this morning. I don't know how long it has been since I saw this amazing white stuff falling on the ground. I did take some wonderful pictures that I will post later. Kerrville to begin with is beautiful country and when you couple that with snow falling it makes for a breathtaking scene. Thank you God for all you have created and for all you continue to create.
Cold weather always makes me want to eat chicken soup. My Mom's soup comes to mind. She loved soup and she didn't just make it when it was cold but for some reason I only think of soup when it is cold out.
1 4 to 5 lb stewing chicken
2 quarts water
1 ts mixed spices, peppercorn and cumin
1/4 ts powdered garlic or 1 cloves garlic
1 cup carrots sliced
1/2 cup celery diced
1 potato cubed
1/2 medium cabbage chopped
tomato (chopped)
1 squash sliced, zuchhini or any kind you like
1/2 medium onion
1/4 cup bell pepper
1 can tomato sauce (optional) I love tomato!
salt to taste ( about 1 tablespoon or less. )
Cooking Steps:
1. In a 4 quart pot or Dutch oven combine chicken, water , salt, and spices. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer covered, for 20 minutes.
2. Add remaining inbgredients and simmer for 25 minutes.
3. Serves about 6- 8.
4. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment