Good Afternoon!
What a day this has been! I am a little under the weather but feel very blessed to have such an awesome husband and daughters! I didn't have to lift a finger today and got the bedrest I very much needed! Thank you, Lord! My husband cooked all the meals and my girls checked up on me throughout the day. One can't ask for more.
I will use this site to post daily recipes and ideas for my girls!
Today I am posting a my personal recipe for "Calabaza Con Pollo" ... (Chicken with Squash)
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil if you need to use (some pans require oil)
4 - 5 lb chicken cut into pieces
1/2 medium onion chopped
1 tomato chopped
4- 5 tatuma squash cut and cubed ( I don't remove peeling)
1 can corn or 4 ears of corn, kernals removed and reserved
2 garlic cloves
salt to taste
1/4 ts cumin and 1/4 ts pepper
1/4 cup bell pepper
less than a handful of coriander
Cooking Steps:
Heat oil in pan. When the oil is hot add the chicken pieces and onion. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 25 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Add all other ingredients and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes more.
Serves 6- 8
Enjoy!
Ok, I'm going to love this blog of yours Nellie, cuz I'm going to learn how to cook "Mexican". :) Two questions... what is coriander? AND, what is tatuma squash? Oh, and can I use garlic powder instead of cloves and how much?
ReplyDeleteCoriander is cilantro, a green leafy thing that looks like parsley, but is labeled cilantro. Tatuma squash is also known as Mexican squash and it's a green, striped squash that the HEB produce persons could help you find. And as for the powder use 1/4 teaspoon.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comments!