Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Fried Pork Chops

I'm in San Antonio and since my husband is at a meeting I have all day to do whatever I want. For some reason San Antonio makes me think of pork chops. I guess it is because three of our girls were still living at home and one was in college when we lived here. Pork chops was one of their favorite dishes. They loved it because I made fideo soup as a side dish. When our oldest would come home from school this is a meal she always requested.

Fried Pork Chops
Ingredients:
Pork chops
flour
cooking oil
salt, pepper, season all
Lawry's salt in place of salt if you prefer
milk
bowl
skillet
Cooking Steps:
1. Rinse pork chops- pat dry with a towel
2. Put enough flour in bowl to coat pork chops. The amount depends on how many you are making. Add salt, or Lawry's salt, pepper, season all. Amount will vary with individual taste. Some people like to season after the chops are cooked. I prefer before.
3. 1 cup milk in separate bowl... You will need to replenish the milk as you prepare the pork chops for frying, depending on how many you are making.
4. Pour oil in skillet about 1/4 inch deep.
5. Dip pork chops first in milk then in flour mixture.. If you dip each pork chop twice your pork chops will have a thicker, crispier coating.
6. Slowly lower each pork chop into hot oil-- some splattering may occur so be careful.
7. Cook until brown turning several times to ensure well done pork chops. Cooking time varies according to thickness. To check for doneness take one chop and cut in the middle.
8. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment